Share

Monday 14 January 2013

Scratching for past memories

Most days I usually run back through the same day of the month for as far back as I have memory tags.

Now I am trying to go back further than 17 December 2011, the date I began this process of trying to remember every day that passes. 

To make it easy on myself I'm not trying to find image tags for the exact day, but coming up with something for each month.

So November 2011 is when we returned to my country from my wife's. I know the actual date we arrived was 20 November 2011, so the image is anchored there.

In October 2011, we went to a conference, staying with my sister-in-law. I don't have any specific memories or dates. Just the image of the conference.

In September 2011, I bought my father an e-book reader for his birthday while in our flat.

In August 2011,  we returned to our flat - need something more specific for this month.

In July 2011, my sister-in-law and family came to my mother-in-law's with a cake for my wife on her birthday. She always says a birthday is not a birthday without cake, and I had done my best and made some scones.

In June 2011, not too sure.

In May 2011, I had not yet left my country to join my wife, but left this month.

In April 2011, my wife and I rented a cottage and had friends and family stay to spend some time before we left my country.

And that's about as far as I have got so far. It is shockingly spartan, as well as difficult to find and place memories, even for a time as long as a month. What a contrast to 2012!

At some point I may well read my diaries, that will cover some of this period though with big gaps.

Until then, I will take it easy and see where it goes, just trying to get the months of 2011 straight before going any further back and not worrying if a month has something vague pinned to it, or even nothing.

After all, I do still have to add memory tags for each day as it passes.


No comments:

Post a Comment