Share

Sunday 20 January 2013

Against the clock

Four hundred days since I began this process of remembering every day that passes.

Today I timed how long my morning review took me as I was waking. My current method is to recall a two-day window for each week from when I began this process and then every day of the last month. So today being Sunday, I ran through the images pinned to my internal calendar for every Saturday and Sunday until I reached 20 December, then switched to every day.

It took just over 18 minutes. I calculate it involved reviewing about 136 images, which gives nearly 8 seconds per image on average. Generally I aim to synchronise with my breathing, but sometimes take a little longer to find the image or reflect upon it.

It is a very relaxing 18 minutes that helps to set me up for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment