Share

Saturday 8 September 2012

Theme week

As I've noted before, in this process of remembering every day that passes, it is sometimes the most recent days which can prove the most elusive as I try to recall the images pinned to my mental calendar.

So it has proved this week, until the theme of the week struck me. Not every week has a theme, but some do either because of a change in location or routine or simply because I manufacture one.

The theme emerging this week is simply meetings. Each day, either for work or personally, I had a meeting, including on Wednesday 5 September a fitting for contact lenses I need for running. That's a date I would like to remember for when people ask how long I have been using them.

I find obstacles to remembering in the reviews of my moving window of past days are often overcome when I recall the theme for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment