Share

Friday 3 January 2014

Happy New Years

I now have two years full of memory tags: 2012 and 2013.

In my last post I explained that I have dropped the visualisation of the calendars holding my memory tags rotating away on a drum as 2014 begins. That was disorientating. It made the days seem more distant when I reviewed selected images.

So now I can step left in my mind's eye to stand on the same day in previous years. Running through the images on the same day of each month as part of my refresh technique, was as familiar as when I did this at the time.

I realised I could take this sense of remembering remembering a step further.
The blank days full of promise for 2014 reminded me that 2012 and 2013 had begun the same way.

Recalling the same days when these years were new, I tried to remember that feeling of expectation, even though each year is now filled with experiences and memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment