Share

Saturday 24 November 2012

This time for love

I mentioned a while ago about using speed reading techniques to run through the images pinned to my mental calendar to keep down the time my reviews take.

But sometimes I feel a slower review is called for. The period I have been doing this covers the entire time my wife and I rented a flat in my country, which was one of the happiest times of my life.

So a couple of days ago while doing my usual morning review, I made a point of remembering my wife, what she was doing, how she was feeling, how we were getting on.

She doesn't figure in every memory tag, so for those days I might not remember anything specific.

But she figures in plenty.

Sometimes it is said people live on in the memories of those that love them.

This exercise brought home to me what that means.

In some ways it is beautiful to hold someone in your mind, but in others it is very frightening, because even remembering so much more than I used to, the memories are merely moments representing many hours.

I might add, I also realised my memories of someone reflect how I see them.

In the rush of life - and the rush of my review process - it is sometimes good to focus on the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment