Share

Friday 2 January 2015

Month end 2

The transition to 1st January worked very well with my brand new refresh method.

This week I changed how I refresh the images pinned to the past three plus years of my mental calendar. I still feel the need to actively recall these images once per month to stop them fading.

The new technique is to run through consecutive days over the course of two days. So on 31 December, I recalled the images for the 31st and 1st of each month for 2011 and 2012. Then on 1 January I recalled the images for 31st and 1st of each month for 2013 and 2014.

This is much more manageable than recalling just the same day (e.g. 31st) for the whole period. I often recalled surrounding days to orientate myself, so two days per month takes no more time than one day per month, but I now spread the review over two days. Which means I've completed it while getting up and ready in the morning, rather than having to find some extra free mental time during the day.

There is another benefit.

Not all months have 31 days, or even 30 days. So the reviews at month's end would not run so smoothly. It is much easier with this new approach as for all but February, I have an image for one day at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment