Share

Sunday 20 January 2013

It has been a while

Last week was an unusual week. My wife was away visiting a sick relative.

I was holed up on my own with a mammoth amount of work to do.

One day was much like another.

How to find memory tags to be able to remember I lived each of these days?

In my recent reviews of past days, particularly as I push back into the time before I began this process of consciously adding images to my internal calendar, I have been reminded of friends I have not seen or spoken to for some time.

So I have been calling them, spending 20 or 30 minutes on the phone each day to catch up.

My memory tags are who I called each day, so perhaps I will not leave it so long in future. In reviewing these days I will remember them. And not just who I called, but their news.

In my youth I was someone who when I met someone could remember what we last spoke about. If I had a story to share, I could remember who had heard it and who not.

Not any more. Now I worry sometimes I am repeating myself. Perhaps that will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment