Share

Tuesday 1 May 2012

All things must pass

And so 19 April 2012 has come and gone. It was a day that loomed before me for some time.

A day involving international travel to a hostile work meeting. One where the best outcome was to come away knowing I had at least said my piece, even if this had been disregarded for the most self-serving of motives.

It is difficult not to spend time anticipating such a day and running through different scenarios. That is not a bad thing in itself, I find, as this is also called planning. But it can be tinged with adrenalin and become distracting.

At such times I reminded myself that 19 April 2012 is just another day on my mental calendar and on the 20th it would be history.

When the day actually arrived, I told myself to enjoy it, rather than wish it to be over. I would be flying in and out of a beautiful country. I had worked out what I needed to say and thought through possible reactions.

At the same time, I reminded myself of a mantra from my early twenties when much in life had been a challenge: something will happen.

The day would pass.

So it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment