Share

Sunday 29 December 2013

Back again

We came to my wife's country for Christmas and will be staying for a few months.

These times of relocation are when I really appreciate being able to remember where I was for every day of the past two years.

As we return to familiar places and meet up with family and friends for the first time since our last visit, I have a sense of continuation. In conversation I can answer the questions, "When were we last here?", "When did we last meet?"

I've noted before how time away seems to vanish with a change in location. I spent 7 months in my country this year - and when I was there I felt I was home and had been on a trip.

Now I have the same feeling back in my wife's country.

But the fact I periodically refresh the images pinned to my mental calendar as memory tags means the time elsewhere does not disappear into a fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment