Share

Tuesday 28 May 2013

The best of me

The only true defence is love.

I realised this half a lifetime ago.

In my relationships with others, I invariably feel diminished when I act out of anger or selfishness.

I can only really bear the spotlight of self analysis if the motivation for my actions is love.

Living on that basis is a far harder prospect.

But this process of remembering every day that passes helps. There are times where an argument or falling out casts a shadow over a day or period of days. There are others where in difficult circumstances I have managed to put aside my own hurt or demands and shown the best of me.

In my morning reviews, particularly when under stress, I greet the person I can sometimes be like my saviour and try to wear that skin through the day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment