Share

Monday 11 January 2016

Almost a sense of mourning

2015 was a year full of events, like those that came before.

Even days of routine exist separately in my memory since I began following these techniques to remember every day that passes. They are not merged into one smudge, representing a week or a month doing the same things thanks to the images pinned to my mental calendar that make every day unique.

I recall the images with the full date, including the year, necessary as the years have piled up. Even so, I realised today that it makes a difference when a year ends and a new one begins.

In my long run through of past years, I remember two days per month. Yesterday, it was the 9th and 10th of each month in 2011 - 2013. Today the same days in 2014 to the present.

It struck me that I recalled the dates in 2014 as being last year. But they are that no longer now we have entered 2016.

I felt the year slipping away. Yet, the days are still fresh when I call up the memory tags, just more distant. Like departed friends.

The turning of the year reminds me these days are gone and only live on in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment